Sunday 21 April 2013

Is Spring Here To Stay?


I woke up Saturday morning to the sound of birds singing and the sun streaming through my window. I jumped out of bed and looked outside - I couldn't believe it, a dry and calm day!
I decided to get up before my daughter woke to have a wash and get dressed, and headed downstairs with a spring in my step. 
I had a list of things I wanted to do today seeing as though the weather was nice:

  • Hang washing on line
  • Clear weeds from the slabs
  • Sort the shed out
  • Take photos of items I want to blog about
  • Take the old glass and magazines to the recycle bank
  • And general pottering about
Such an 'exciting' life you say...? Well it makes me happy anyway.

After my daughter got up it was her usual breakfast, wash, getting dressed and playing with her dolls. Then I asked her if she wanted to play outside...Wow she said.
I opened the back doors that lead on to the decking and then the garden and she ran outside with such excitement. She took all he dolls out and picnic set as I was getting out her slide and trampoline from the shed.



By now it was around 10am and after hanging the washing on the line I sat outside with a drink and watched my daughter play.
As I watched her I realised that the list of jobs I had could wait and how it was important for me to just spend some quality time having fun with my mini me.
We spent most of the day picking flowers, blowing bubbles, dressing up, having tea parties and running around the garden.
My eldest nephew came round to 'revise' but he joined in the fun too; pushing her around in a rusty old wheelbarrow!
Screams and laughter filled the garden and it was one of the most enjoyable days we'd had in ages, to just be able to enjoy the outside.
I guess what I'm trying to say is enjoy the little things in life and make the most of good weather and health, and yes sometimes housework really can be left. And I'm glad I did because it rained today and we didn't venture far, we just had fun indoors instead, for now, until spring returns again.



Rachel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment