Monday 6 May 2013

My Top Two Luxury Mascaras


We all like to indulge sometimes, whether it be food, holidays, clothes...but for me it's mascara.
Since I was old enough to be allowed to wear make up my one vices has been mascara. I simply can't get enough of it. I've tried many brands over the years and I'm not even faithful to a particular one ~ I just simply have to try them all.
When looking for a mascara I simply put them into two categories;  everyday and evening.



My first luxury mascara is actually a recent purchase and that is Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Waterproof in black. I use this for everyday wear to make my eyes wider giving a lift and also adding length. I simply adore the formula, applies easily and stays put without flaking. At £21 it's not cheap but I did get £5 off using my Beauty Card at Debenhams.


My second go to mascara for a more dramatic evening look is YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils in 1 High Density Black. I have been using this for about a year now and it still gives me luxurious lashes every time I apply it. My lashes look thicker and longer and it is buildable depending on how extreme you like the false lash look. I normally apply two coats.
At around £23, this again is high end, but I only wear it occasionally and so far it hasn't dried out in the tube so I have definitely got my money's worth. 


Which make up items do you like to indulge in?

Rachel xx




No comments:

Post a Comment