Sunday 7 July 2013

My Thoughts On Boots No7

Last year, late Summer Boots No7 relaunched with new packaging, newer skin care and make up ranges.  With sleeker lines and less black, the products now appeal to a younger target market, but still keeping the current ones happy and attracting new interest.
Using colours to help navigate from skin type to the product for you, No7 have created 'easy on the eye' branding that makes each product distinguishable.  I simply do not want to read through a leaflet to know what the product does. I want to know by just looking at it, and this new packaging does just that.
The bath and body range has had a revamp too.  Looking luxurious at the beauty counter, I had to try it.  The Blissful Body Wash is just that.  It smells really nice, lathers quickly and leaves skin very moisturised.  At £9.50 for 200ml I think it's a little bit pricey, but saying that I am noticing that high street brands are becoming roughly the same.

I also picked up two of the new Gel Look Shine Polishes in Mint Treat and Hotting Up. These were the only colours I liked, as there isn't a good range of colours, but a good product.  Doesn't chip and leaves a glossy finish after applying two coats. These polishes are £6.50 for 10ml. A good price.


My favourite product though, has to be the Sheer Temptation Lipsticks. I finally decided on just two colours ~ I was highly tempted to get more, but controlled myself.  With 14 to choose from I had a hard decision.
Very similar to the Revlon Lip Butters, they apply easily and provide a very glossy finish.  The only disappointment is the staying power compared to Revlon.  Don't get me wrong, the colour doesn't go that quickly, it just fades, so for the price, I had hoped it lasted longer.

On the day of my purchases I used my No7 vouchers that I had accumulated over time, so I managed to save around £15!
So in summary, I loved all the products and I will definitely being going back to check out more.

Which high street brand have you been impressed with?

Rachel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment