Thursday 11 July 2013

Urban Decay ~ Oz The Great And Powerful 'Glinda' Palette

When I first heard that Urban Decay had launched two palettes to tie in with the film 'Oz the Great and Powerful', I couldn't wait to check them out.

Unfortunately, my local Debenhams doesn't have an Urban Decay counter so I had to wait until I went to the big smoke to visit one that did.  I really wanted to see for myself how great they really were; and boy, I wasn't disappointed.  After looking at the two palettes, 'Theodora' and 'Glinda', I decided that 'Glinda' was the one for me.

The Palette has eight shades, as two of them are duo shades, and all are highly pigmented.



Each of the eye shadows applies easily, blends superbly and stays on all day, even without a primer.  It really is hard to pick just one favourite as they all are beautiful.


The palette also comes with a Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Colour (top) and a 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil.

Unfortunately, at present you can't buy the eye shadows singular, so if you use one more than the others, it can't be replaced, but you can add another colour to the palette from the permanent collection.
I have already worn the lighter shades in the day time and have had a lot of compliments, so I am keen to wear Tornado and South for a smokey evening look.

The palette costs £35 which I think is very good value for money, seeing as though a single eye shadow normally costs £14.

Which colour do you like the look of, and have you tried the Theodora palette?


Rachel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment