Tuesday 8 October 2013

A Mother's Journal ~ Our Story Book

When my daughter was only a few months old I took up the hobby of card making and scrapbooking. As she got older and started to become more and more busy, I found that I didn't get much chance to make anything new. I planned to make a scrapbook of key moments in her life with photos and items attached. Sadly I haven't done one for quite a while...(I work full time plus I'm back studying too for my district nursing degree).
A few weeks ago I was browsing in a small gift shop when I came across a journal entitled 'Our Story ~ For My Daughter'. With a lovely hardback cover and cute design with a ribbon page marker I was interested before I even opened it up.
Inside are beautifully illustrated pictures and sections for you to write about your daughter from birth to 18 years, to share your memories and hopes for the future year by year. Then on her 18th birthday it can be given to her; a hand written account of the years you've had together.
I actually plan not to show or tell my daughter (who's almost 3) until I give it to her when that milestone birthday comes. I wonder what she'll she decide to do for a career? Will she still be quite determined and head-strong? Will she still love the outdoors...?

It only takes about an hour or so a year to fill in, which is ideal for busy working Mothers! Although there's not much room for standard sized photos, we are now in an age where we have instagram sized prints available, so 4x4 would be the perfect size to glue to some of the larger sections in the journal.
I bought it from Amazon for £9.99 but the price has since gone up a bit, but it is still cheaper than the rrp of £19.99 on the you to me site.

What are your thoughts on journals? Have you started one? Did you keep one as a teenager? I did, but that's another story...

Rachel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment