Friday 31 January 2014

Vintage Teacup Shopping


I have a confession to make...I LOVE TEACUPS...but I don't drink tea! As much as I would like to, I don't like the taste and it makes me feel quite queasy. That hasn't stopped me though from having a love affair with teacups, especially vintage ones.
Today I had a day off work and decided to pop into the village to have a quick look around the antique shops in the hunt for some treasures. I recently bought two pieces of solid oak furniture so I was on a ban from buying any big pieces. Even though my home is a new build I have grown up to appreciate old and collectable items and my home is nicely filling up with various pieces.
My crockery collection is something that I want to slowly build as I'm quite fussy with what I like and it can be quite costly. Gosh I sound old!




After looking at what felt like hundreds, I finally decided on two matching designs that came with side plates.


I paid £5 for each trio which I thought was an absolute bargain. These were the only matching ones that I fancied, which is good really, as I could have spent quite a lot more!

I know this is different from my usual posts but this is another part of my life that I want to feature on my blog every now and then. If this type of thing floats your boat then check out this site here for more vintage loveliness.
Have you any other loves other than make up and beauty that you like collecting? Do share...

Rachel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment