Thursday 6 February 2014

Eyeko Lengthening Skinny Mascara


Eyeko London was established in 1999 and is popular with celebs such as Jennifer Lawrence and Gemma Arterton with their range of mascaras, eyeliners and brow gel and now model and TV presenter Alexa Chung has teamed up with the brand with tutorials on how to achieve that cat eye look she is most famous for.
So I decided to see what all the fuss was about and try out one of their mascaras. I opted for the Lengthening Skinny Brush Mascara as it claims to lengthen, extend and separate lashes like no other.
So, does it...?

Well, yes it does if I manage to not get too much mascara on the brush to avoid spider leg lashes once applied. 



The only downside to this mascara is the removal. My word it's a tough, stubborn bugger. A facial cleansing wipe won't do. I have to use my Garnier eye make up remover and really rub at my eye, and then the mascara kind of breaks away and leaves small clumps on the cotton pad. Eyeko claim that it's easy to remove, so I'm either doing something wrong or my eye make up remover isn't strong enough, but to be honest I can put up with this.


I do really like this mascara as it doesn't smudge or flake and the colour is a dark black which really makes the eyes stand out. It does what it claims to do by lengthening and separating. It costs £15 for 8ml from ASOS here with free delivery and returns.

Is Eyeko a brand that you've not heard of or are already familiar with the other products in the range?

Rachel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment