Monday 3 March 2014

Bare Minerals Ready Touch Up Veil


This is actually my first bareMinerals purchase. I was actually put off buying any of their products previously, due to having tried the Body Shop's mineral foundation and not liking it. This however, is very different. It's a new product in the READY line.


This is still of course bareMinerals' signature formula but in the form of a translucent powder. The Touch Up Veil is designed to diffuse the look of imperfections and reduce the appearance of shine, which can sometimes happen after a few hours of applying foundation.


There are four shades to choose from ~ Translucent, Light, Medium and Tan. The sales assistant recommended I went for light as the translucent is recommended if you currently use the foundation in the same line, as it can leave you with a ghostly white complexion. The light is a perfect match for me and I apply it on top of my current favourite foundation which I blogged about here (L'Oreal True Match).


So what do I think? It's actually really rather good. The packaging for a start is ideal for my handbag for a quick touch up on the go. The product itself is lovely. It does what it says and instantly hides away shine. The little applicator pad is handy but I'm not sure how easy it will be to clean properly. This is priced at £22 which is high end BUT I only need a small amount on the pad to work well, so is cost effective in the long haul. It also has the added the bonus of a SPF 15.
I bought mine from Debenhams but Feel Unique are currently selling it for £19.25 with free p&p. Link

Have you tried it yet and have you any recommendations of any more bareMinerals products to try?

Rachel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment