Thursday 6 March 2014

Yankee Candle ~ Paradise Spice


I realised yesterday that I hadn't done a 'home' post for a while and a perfect home accessory has to be a scented candle. I love candles as they make my home cosy and I feel comforted watching the flame flicker next to a small lamp and fairy lights.
With the winter season S L O W L Y turning into spring, I thought I would burn the last of my winter stash. I bought Paradise Spice by Yankee Candle back in January.
Yankee Candle describe this as:

'An exotic island treasure ... perfectly ripe banana and creamy vanilla, unexpectedly spiced with prized cinnamon and cloves'

When I smelt this prior to burning, I thought, o wow this is right up my street as I love spiced scents like sandalwood and cinnamon. Sadly when lit, there was no aroma at all. The only time I could even get a whiff of a scent was when I actually put my nose up to the candle. Normally with Yankee the aroma fills the room and even out in to the hallway, but not this one.
Bad batch maybe, who knows? But I won't be repurchasing this one again. 
I bought the 2 wick medium tumbler from a local shop for about £12.99 (I think). Click the link here that will take you to a discount site for Yankee Candles.

Have you had this candle and had the same disappointment?

Rachel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment