Friday 13 March 2015

MAC Lipsticks | Odyssey & New York Apple



I can never go to Cardiff without stopping at the MAC counter in Debenhams. During my last visit there I knew I wanted to pick up some make up to take me through the Winter months. Although I can't wear lipstick to work I do like to indulge in MAC, as I like the quality and wearability. I chose some other products as I was making the most of the recent 10% discount, but the two lipsticks I bought were Odyssey and New York Apple, both in a frost finish.

Odyssey is a really nice rosy purple and it's not too dark for my skin tone. I do like a wine/berry colour and this has a nice hint of shimmer to it but not overly. I feel this might be best suited to evening time due to the darkness of the berry tone.

New York Apple is actually the first red lipstick I have owned, and I feel I've taken a bit of a chance with this. It's described as a muted red with a hint of gold shimmer and perfect for the festive season. A typical classic red just doesn't suit me. The good thing about this shade is that it can be applied quite lightly for a sheer coverage if preferred and buildable to an intense red. The only downside to this colour is that it dries quite matte, which is something I don't particularly like in a lipstick, but can live with as a good gloss over the top rectifies this.

Both lipsticks are part of the permanent collection and cost £15.50

Rachel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment